The RequirementsOur goal is to bring on experienced sales professionals who are highly motivated and able to meet and exceed targets independently. To be a good fit for the Sales Executive opportunity, you will have:
- 4 to 8 years of full-cycle direct B2B sales experience and a proven track record in high-volume sales.
- A demonstrated ability to sell service agreements.
- Experience selling across multiple states and geographies is strongly preferred.
- A track record of success in selling to a variety of leaders, from fleet managers to business owners.
- Strong self-discipline and a proven ability to manage a large book of business autonomously, including a consistent approach to making cold calls and setting confirmed appointments.
- Computer competency and experience with Microsoft office applications; experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- High energy, passion and a competitive spirit -- you should be driven to win and close deals.
- A process orientation and structured approach.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to establish priorities and make optimal use of your time.
- A flexible attitude and openness to learning.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities, including listening skills.
The RoleReporting to the Regional Vice President, you will have two main goals:
- Selling . . . Let's begin here! First and foremost, you will sell our portfolio of services to regional and national customers. The portfolio includes fleet management, mobile on-site service, mechanical services, collision repair, refurbishment and restoration, along with equipment sales and installation.
- Building and maintaining long-standing relationships with executives and other key decision-makers in your book of business. Account Managers will take point on implementation and service delivery, but you will ensure strong relationships from the C-level down to support retention and account growth -- in fact, there is a significant opportunity to upsell to the existing customer base, particularly if they have multiple locations.
- Identifying business opportunities across your region by researching prospective fleet customers and evaluating their position in the industry. Researching and analyzing sales options to maximize the customer's potential with Dickinson Fleet Services.
- Selling our services by establishing contact and developing relationships with business executives. Providing fleet management solutions to sell Dickinson Fleet Services as a company destination for all fleet maintenance needs.
- Maintaining relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; and recommending profit and service improvements.
- Identifying product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Preparing and delivering customer reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
Pictured: Since 1997, Dickinson Fleet Services has grown from a three-shop company to the largest independent mobile fleet maintenance company in the country. Our clients include some of the nation's largest fleet operators.
More Good ReasonsAutonomy and support
We'll give you the elbow room to manage and grow your book the way you know best. At the same time, you'll have the support of a strong network of colleagues who all share the same objectives. That will include strategic support from regional leaders.
Break out of the box
If you are frustrated by limits and boundaries in your current position, this role will be an exhilarating breath of fresh air. We can scale up to accommodate whatever business you bring in, and you'll be able to target any company that uses a fleet.
Tip of the spear
You will lead the charge, selling to and negotiating with executives at various companies. Over time you will build and manage a high-level portfolio of customers for years to come. And your earning potential will be limited only by your ability to close deals.
Fair and family oriented
Dickinson Fleet Services is family owned and operated. We realize that our success depends upon attracting and retaining the very best talent in the business. That's why we've created a culture based on strong values, in which everyone can grow and prosper.
Dedication to quality and service
Twenty years ago the owners of DFS set out to build a company that provides the highest level of quality and customer service in fleet management. Every one of our 600+ employees knows that quality and customer service are our passion. We work 24/7 to exceed expectations through our focus on customers, employees and safety.
In addition to a competitive base salary and opportunities to earn commission and bonuses, we offer a strong benefits package that includes health insurance with medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage; free life insurance; free short-term disability insurance; an available 401(k) plan; holiday pay and paid vacation days. We'll also provide a car allowance, laptop and smartphone.
Pictured: You'll be able to sell the convenience and reliability of one of the nation's largest and best-trained team of mobile technicians.
Keys to SuccessWe are looking for a true hunter with a never-ending desire to win and close deals. You'll need a strong entrepreneurial spirit to pursue new business, as well as the tenacity to stay upbeat and positive even after hearing "no." This will require you to work independently, from motivating yourself to managing your pipeline to coordinating among internal resources. At the same time, we take a team-oriented approach across DFS. You'll collaborate with the Regional VP to ensure your strategies support regional goals, and also partner with different departments within DFS.
We understand that there will be a learning curve as you become familiar with our business and markets. At the same time, you should be proactive about getting up to speed quickly.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Sales Executive, you will:
- Enjoy learning and growing, and remain open to constructive feedback.
- Remain flexible and adaptable as the sales environment changes.
- Be comfortable presenting to senior executives, internally and externally -- you may be invited to report on your efforts at DFS executive meetings.
- Manage multiple activities and priorities effectively.
- Deliver excellent customer service, both externally and internally.
- Pay attention to details while also grasping the big picture and how the details fit into it.