The RequirementsThe ideal candidate for this role will have a solid foundation in mechanics, strong potential, a winning attitude and the drive to learn and grow his/her skills. To be a good fit for the Light & Medium Duty Fleet Technician opportunity you'll need:
- 2+ years of experience with light and medium duty maintenance and repair, or a combination of school and experience equal to 2 years.
- Basic electrical skills
- Some or all of the following preferred skills (we'll teach you what you don't know)
- A mix of diesel and gas repairs
- Trailer repair experience
- Experience doing DOT inspections
- Welding experience, ideally stick and/or mig
- Air brake repair
- Self-motivation and the ability to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision as the sole shop mechanic
- Strong communication skills and a professional approach to working directly with customers.
- Pride in doing the job right.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic
The RoleIt's pretty simple: you'll work at our client's shop and perform routine scheduled maintenance, do inspections and make required repairs (no heavy engine repairs) on their fleet vehicles. Most vehicles are class 6 or below, however, you will learn to fix trailers and could work on vehicles up to class 8. Your responsibilities will include:
- Communicating with customers clearly and providing excellent customer service.
- Troubleshooting and repairing all makes of vehicles.
- Performing comprehensive vehicle inspections.
- Abiding by all safety directives, especially those for personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Learning specialty repairs and equipment unique to this client.
- Working on everything from backend repairs to brakes, carburetors, hose replacements etc., to equipment such as sprayers and pumps.
More Good ReasonsExcellent benefits: In addition to the health and dental insurance already mentioned, we offer a 401(k) plan, short and long-term disability insurance, continuous training opportunities and much more.
Strong values: We're family owned, we value our people and we've created a culture based on strong values.
Grow your career: History shows that strong performers can move up to a Mobile Technician then a Lead or Manager role, or follow other paths within our company. With technicians nationwide, Dickinson is ripe with opportunity!
The stability of an industry leader: Our passion for quality work and excellent customer service have helped us dominate our market. Our customers include some of the nation's largest fleet operators.
If this sounds like the type of challenging and rewarding environment you'd like to be a part of, contact us today using the "Apply" button.
Keys to SuccessWe're looking for a self-starter who can work independently and hold him/herself to high standards -- someone who can be motivated and effective working in a shop where you will primarily work alone. In addition, to excel in this role you will have:
- A desire to improve your skills and grow professionally.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- A safety mindset.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Pride in doing the job right.