Your BackgroundRequirements to be qualified for the Trailer Technician position:
- 2+ years of experience as a trailer technician.
- ASE electrical or air brake system certification.
- Training and certification in electrical welding of steel and/or aluminum is a plus.
- Training in repair of hydraulic lift gates.
- Knowledge of trailer air systems and wiring.
- Competency with computers.
- Your own tools.
- A detail orientation and the ability to meet deadlines.
The RoleYou will travel to customers' locations to provide maintenance and repair of trailers, including refrigeration trailers. We'll look to you to work with customers in a professional manner. Throughout your duties, you will provide efficient, quality service without compromising your safety or that of those around you.
Your specific activities will include:
- Replacing trailer and box side panels.
- Repairing FRP panels.
- Repairing and replacing roofs, aluminum and chem-lite.
- Servicing and replacing trailer brakes.
- Maintaining and repairing rear doors overhead and swing.
Video: At Dickinson Fleet Services, we keep our customers' fleets moving. In fact, that's what we're all about. Dickinson Fleet Services offers the industry's best preventive maintenance service. You will play a key role in delivering on that promise.
Your AdvantagesRewards and recognition
Your hard work and enthusiasm will not go unnoticed or unrewarded. When you become a member of our team, we promise to treat you with respect while providing you with the opportunity to earn competitive compensation and grow professionally.
In addition to a competitive hourly wage, we offer a strong benefits package that includes health insurance with medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage; free life insurance; free short-term disability insurance; an available 401(k) plan; holiday pay and paid vacation days.
Fair and family oriented
Dickinson Fleet Services is family owned and operated. We realize that our success depends upon attracting and retaining the very best talent in the business. That's why we've created a culture based on strong values, in which everyone can grow and prosper.
We'll make sure you keep your skills sharp with initial training (one week at our Indianapolis headquarters and one week shadowing a peer) and ongoing training. In addition, a strong performer could pursue advancement to a Lead or Manager role, or even move into Sales or other departments.
Dedication to quality and service
Twenty years ago the owners of DFS set out to build a company that provides the highest level of quality and customer service in fleet management. Every one of our 600+ employees knows that quality and customer service are our passion. We work 24/7 to exceed expectations through our focus on customers, employees and safety.
Pictured: Since 1997, Dickinson Fleet Services has grown from a three-shop company to the largest independent mobile fleet maintenance company in the country. Our clients include some of the nation's largest fleet operators.
Keys to SuccessWe're looking for self-starters who can work independently and hold themselves to high standards. In addition, to excel in this role you will have:
- A safety mindset.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Pride in doing the job right.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- The ability to represent Dickinson effectively as you interact with customers.
- A desire to improve your skills and grow professionally.