Your BackgroundTo be a good fit for the Mobile Diesel Technician - Trucking Maintenance opportunity, you will have:
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience with class 6-8 truck maintenance and repair.
- The ability to be self motivated and directing with periodic supervisory oversight.
- A desire and willingness to work in the field and adhere to a nontraditional schedule.
- Competency with computers and touch screen mobile devices is essential.
- Strong communication skills and a professional approach to working directly with customers.
- Professional certifications such as ASE is preferred.
The RoleYou will travel to customers' locations to perform routine scheduled maintenance and inspections on their fleet vehicles. Throughout your duties, you will provide attentive, efficient, quality service without compromising your safety or that of those around you.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Communicating with customers in a clear and courteous manner.
- Abiding by all safety directives, especially those for personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Participating in regularly scheduled safety meetings.
- Troubleshooting and repairing all makes of vehicles.
- Performing comprehensive vehicle inspections.
Video: At Dickinson Fleet Services, we keep our customers' fleets moving. In fact, that's what we're all about. Dickinson Fleet Services offers the industry's best preventive maintenance service. You will play a key role in delivering on that promise.
Your AdvantagesRewards and recognition
Your hard work and enthusiasm will not go unnoticed or unrewarded. When you become a member of our team, we promise to treat you with respect while providing you with the opportunity to earn competitive compensation and grow professionally.
In addition to a competitive hourly wage, we offer a strong benefits package that includes health care and hospitalization insurance, dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, group term life insurance on employee paid by the company, optional employee and family life insurance, short-term disability insurance paid by the company and optional long-term disability insurance.
Fair and family oriented
Dickinson Fleet Services is family owned and operated. We realize that our success depends upon attracting and retaining the best personnel in the business. That's why we've created a culture based on strong values, in which everyone can grow and prosper.
We'll make sure you keep your skills sharp with initial training (one week at our Indianapolis headquarters and one week shadowing a peer) and ongoing training. In addition, a strong performer could pursue advancement to a Lead or Manager role, or even move into Sales or other departments.
Dedication to quality and service
Twenty years ago the owners of DFS set out to build a company that provides the highest level of quality and customer service in fleet management. Every one of our 600+ employees knows that quality and customer service are our passion. We work 24/7 to exceed expectations through our focus on customers, employees and safety.
Pictured: Since 1997, Dickinson Fleet Services has grown from a three-shop company to the largest independent mobile fleet maintenance company in the country. Our clients include some of the nation's largest fleet operators.
Keys to SuccessWe're looking for self-starters who can work independently and hold themselves to high standards. In addition, to excel in this role you will have:
- A safety mindset.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Pride in doing the job right.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- The ability to represent Dickinson effectively as you interact with customers.
- A desire to improve your skills and grow professionally.